Hello from Fife

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hello from Fife

Postby FTW » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi there

I bought my first MX5 just a couple of weeks ago and it's now a case of :D every time I drive her.

Here's a few pics:

She's a 1.8L sport with the 6 speed box and (I think LSD?). With only one previous owner and full Mazda service history meaning 11 Mazda stamps in the book it was well worth the down to Newcastle to pick her up and I got sunburned on the way back :lol:

We took a drive up the coast the other day to Anstruther and I passed 4 other MX5's and every one waved to me :)
FTW

Re: Hello from Fife

Postby drumtochty » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you out on one of the Taysliders runs

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi,FTW and welcome to the forum, we now have a few "fly Fifer's" who have chosen to come and run with the "Taysliders" hope that you will become one too.
Like Eddie has said, hope to see you on one of our runs soon !!
BTW nice looking car you have there too !!
Ps being a sport model with 6 speed g/box should also have a Torsen LSD but no doubt if I am wrong someone will tell you . lol !!
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Laverda 3ce » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:10 am

Welcome aboard FTW from another Kingdom member.
Cracking looking Sport you've got there, hope to see it out and about. Keep your eyes on the Taysliders runs if your nearer the Tay than the Forth. No a bad bunch, for Dundonians. :wink: :wink:
Laverda 3ce
OC Member
Sandy Smith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby FTW » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi there

Thanks for all the welcomes guys - I'm actually in Rosyth but a trip up to Dundee for a meet and a run would be good. :)

Perhaps this isn't the correct forum section to ask but I'm just wondering what you guys use to water proof your roofs? My fabric roof is clean enough and I've tried using Fabsil but the water still seems to saturate. It's not leaking and it's not damp inside but ideally I'd like to see the rain beading on my roof!
FTW

Postby IanN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi FTW

Welcome to the forum. I used Autoglym Fabric Hood Cleaning Kit on the roof of my old car and found it to be very good. See link.

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/autoglym-fabr ... -3164.html

Rosyth is very handy for the Central Scotland area runs, check out our future events, you'd be made very welcome.

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php ... on=central
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby Sprockutt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Cracking looking car! Welcome to the forum :)
Sprockutt

Postby FTW » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 pm

IanN wrote:Hi FTW

Welcome to the forum. I used Autoglym Fabric Hood Cleaning Kit on the roof of my old car and found it to be very good. See link.

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/autoglym-fabr ... -3164.html

Rosyth is very handy for the Central Scotland area runs, check out our future events, you'd be made very welcome.

http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/events.php ... on=central

Hi there

Well I spent the day hoovering, claying, washing, polishing and waxing my car - I've also purchased and used the Autoglym stuff you linked to Ian and I'm guessing by the weather reports I wont have to wait too long to see if the rain will bead on my roof. :roll:

I'll hopefully manage to attend a local meet at some point in the future - at the moment I'm getting a wave from quite a few other local MX5 drivers that have passed me. :)

Sprockutt wrote:Cracking looking car! Welcome to the forum :)

Tyvm Sprockutt :)
FTW

Postby lewrssll » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 pm

alright buddy, im in dunfermline but.... i would of got the meguires mohair kit. for about £25 its the nuts. basically, spend the morning cleaning/stripping all protection,dirt and grime off the roof then after that and its dry, you put the spray on oil protector. brilliant 2 part system and never looked back. I have done a few mk1 golfs and mx5s with it.
if you need a hand with the meguires kit i can lend a hand.
lewrssll

Postby Dax » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Hi and welcome, nice looking car 8)
Dax

Postby FTW » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm

lewrssll wrote:alright buddy, im in dunfermline but.... i would of got the meguires mohair kit. for about £25 its the nuts. basically, spend the morning cleaning/stripping all protection,dirt and grime off the roof then after that and its dry, you put the spray on oil protector. brilliant 2 part system and never looked back. I have done a few mk1 golfs and mx5s with it.
if you need a hand with the meguires kit i can lend a hand.

Hi there and thanks but I used the Gtechniq I1 - Smart Fabric on my roof and now the rain is beading as well as it does on my paintwork 8)

Indecently I've also used Poorboys Blackhole polish and Dodo Juice purple haze on my paintwork which brings it up lovely and hides those horrible light scratches when applied with the buffer. Keeping it clean is a nightmare but then black always is isn't it? At least I know my paintwork should now be protected throughout the winter. I'll keep an eye out for you and your motor lewrssll and give a wave if we pass :)

Dax wrote:Hi and welcome, nice looking car 8)

Thanks Dax :D
FTW

Return to New Users