Greetings from a new user

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Greetings from a new user

Postby ukstern » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello all,

I acquired my first ever MX-5 in April 2013 after years of swooning at the mere mention of them. Always thought they look great, feisty and fun to handle and I have not been disappointed. I was originally looking for a Mk1 but was struggling to find one in good condition. Was never as keen on the bodywork of the Mk2 but found a lovely example of the 1999 1.8l SE - BRG, tan leather/wood interior - and this could be one of the best decisions I have ever made! Only thing missing is the 'unique alloys' - the chap I purchased the car from was the original owner but he badly scraped the right hand alloys on a kerb some time ago and replaced them with an after market set. I would love to put some originals back on - does anyone know if these were actually any different to the standard issue? From the research I have done it would appear not, but any info on the model I have states that the alloys were unique.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the site and will also be signing up with the UK members club shortly. Hope to see some of you at events in the near future!

Best wishes,

Amy
ukstern

Re: Greetings from a new user

Postby Dot and Chas » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello and welcome!! where are you based?

Chas
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby ukstern » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi,

I'm based in Falkirk. I'm from the area originally but have lived all over the place, so I can see the mileage steadily creeping up in the coming months as I create excuses to go and visit people!
ukstern

Postby OldSpice » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:20 am

Welcome Amy.
Falkirk here as well. From your description I think I may have already spotted your car in the Retail Park. Maybe...
Anyway, if you see a light metallic blue Mk2 or an old Mk1 BRG tooting at you..it'll be us! :lol:
There is always an imbecile you never bargained for. Usually in a Tescon carpark with a dented Zafira minus hubcaps
OldSpice

Postby Hally » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:26 pm

HIya,

I have one of these models too. The wheels you are looking for are Qualifier Alloys and they are extremely rare. There were only 500 sets made plus a few for warranty. I ended up buying a set on OEM replacements from mx5 parts with a set of yokohamas. I sold the originals on eBay but have one left in my garage with a new tyre. I had to bin one as I badly kerbed it in the snow.

My car is currently SORNd due to rusty sills, which I am busily trying to get sorted.

Great car, great colour and live the tan interior

Robert
Hally

Return to New Users