FIT LIKE FAE THE SMOKIE TOON

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

FIT LIKE FAE THE SMOKIE TOON

Postby THE-DRUMBASSADOR » Sun May 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Hello to you all.
As of 4.30pm today 12/05/2013 I have become the proud owner of my very first MX-5 & have to say I am more than over the moon with her.
My name is Anthony (Tony) & I am from Arbroath as I am sure you can see from the subject message lol.

I am big into my cars (Classic & Modern) & have had the privilege of owning lot's of cars from Classic Mini's to Mercedes CLK Cabrio's but never an MX-5 up until now & I am blown away by the way it drives.

I look forward to browsing the site & hope to attend events in my area & further a field, gaining more knowledge on the MX-5 & putting face's to the name's

Thanks for your time folks & it look's like a great site

Tony.... :twisted: THE DRUMBASSADOR :twisted:
FAR EVER YAE MAY BE LET THE WIND BLA FREE
THE-DRUMBASSADOR

Re: FIT LIKE FAE THE SMOKIE TOON

Postby aging eejit » Sun May 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum....and ownership of a braw wee motor. Hopefully your enthusiasm will see you make the trip to Pitlochry next weekend for the Spring Rally to meet up with a few like minded individuals...as well as seeing you on a local run sometime soon. :)

Cheers
Alex.
aging eejit

Postby THE-DRUMBASSADOR » Sun May 12, 2013 10:07 pm

aging eejit wrote:Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum....and ownership of a braw wee motor. Hopefully your enthusiasm will see you make the trip to Pitlochry next weekend for the Spring Rally to meet up with a few like minded individuals...as well as seeing you on a local run sometime soon. :)

Cheers
Alex.

Thanks for the welcome mate.
I would like to attend the event in Pitlochry but at present not a paid up member would this pose a problem?
THE-DRUMBASSADOR

Postby drumtochty » Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 pm

No

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby tjay » Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Tony and a big welcome to the forum and as a new possible "Tay5lider" just at the right time what with the "Spring Rally" next weekend !!
Check out the rally in the events page , lowdown is loads of Mx5's arriving from Thursday onwards, Saturday is meet and greet on the Rec Ground in Pitlochry which is the departure point for the run outs which will be taking place all day.
Sunday is the big day !! all Mx5's on the rally field by 10 am, mixed bag of things taking place all day, traders stands, various stall,
Classic Cars, 4 x 4's, Honda Goldwing's, to name but a few plus onsite catering too.
Looking for help on both days for marshalling so if available bring a high viz vest and your on !! If you want anymore info call me on mobile 07882 535139
And as Eddie has said, no need to be a member as long as you are in your Mx5 it's free !!
cheers
Tommy

ps you will feel at home on Sunday as Iain Spinks will be " smoking" on the field all day
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby THE-DRUMBASSADOR » Mon May 27, 2013 11:59 pm

It is with great regret that I have had to part with my wee Mk1 MX-5 as I am in need of a family car/4x4 with the wife due to drop our second child very soon.
It was great to meet people at Pitlochry and I intend to have another MX-5 VERY SOON.
THE-DRUMBASSADOR

Postby kristoff » Tue May 28, 2013 9:03 am

Lord Flashheart.
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Return to New Users