Hi from West Lothian

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hi from West Lothian

Postby sclements » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Have just become the proud owner of two Mx5's Mk2.5 Yes two :oops:

Been playing around with these for years

Image

Image

Primary interest is motorsport and have developed the Imp as far as I can take it so started looking for an alternative, had to be rear wheel drive and finally settled on getting an MX5 to try. So two weeks ago I bought a 2003 1.8i with 29,000 miles and a hard top with slight front damage, the damage has been repaired ideally needs a bumper to be 100% but will suffice for now. Its too nice to use having an unmarked body for its intended purpose so will sell it on and in the meantime have bought another one, this time a 2002 1.8s-vt hopefully being delivered next week having the LSD will be more suitable for Autotest Trackdays etc :D

So if anyone has a bumper in Sunlight Silver please let me know.

Scott
sclements
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby G-Bob » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Welcome.

Where about in west lothian are you?
What kind of motorsports are you planning doing in the 5? Sprinting, track days?

Bob
G-Bob
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby tjay » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Scott and welcome to club and forum,loved the photo of your Imp !! brought back loads of memories of my imps (had several) last one had the Hartwel 998 wills ring conversion with twin Dellortos on it,fancy Revolution alloys too. Had a ball with it ! my two younger brothers had them as well and we had some very interesting "play days" out with them at places like Doune,Fintray and Ingliston.
Ah those were the days,great fun ,cheap cars and much cheaper petrol !! :D :D
2007 Mk3 roadster/c/w electric hard top. Number 50 !!!
tjay
User avatar
OC Member
tom + Jen mcginnis
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:03 am
Location: Dundee

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby sclements » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm

G-Bob wrote:Welcome.

Where about in west lothian are you?
What kind of motorsports are you planning doing in the 5? Sprinting, track days?

Bob


Uphall

Been doing Production Car Tests at Forrestburn in the Imp which has been a little too easy if it has been dry so looking forward to the challenge of the MX5.
Will also be doing some autotests and track days as well as Historic Rallying where they have a modern class and hopefully a couple of fun days at Forrestburn.

That will keep me out of trouble :D

Scott
sclements
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby sclements » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:56 pm

tjay wrote:Hi Scott and welcome to club and forum,loved the photo of your Imp !! brought back loads of memories of my imps (had several) last one had the Hartwel 998 wills ring conversion with twin Dellortos on it,fancy Revolution alloys too. Had a ball with it ! my two younger brothers had them as well and we had some very interesting "play days" out with them at places like Doune,Fintray and Ingliston.
Ah those were the days,great fun ,cheap cars and much cheaper petrol !! :D :D


2013 is the 50th anniversary of the Imps launch and were holding our National meeting at Perth Racecourse 1-4th August, you'd be most welcome to come along particularly on the Sunday. I'm organising a track night on the Thursday when we will have 40-50 Imps Clans G15's etc out well worth a visit and chance to discuss the good old days.

Scott
sclements
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby DavieW » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Scott, get yourself across to http://rwdclub.hyperboards.com/ I'm sure the guys there will love your Imp. :D
DavieW
OC Member
David Waddell
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:36 pm
Location: Scone

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby G-Bob » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 am

sclements wrote:
Uphall


So about a mile from me. ;-)
G-Bob
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby DavieW » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 am

sclements wrote:2013 is the 50th anniversary of the Imps launch and were holding our National meeting at Perth Racecourse 1-4th August, you'd be most welcome to come along particularly on the Sunday. I'm organising a track night on the Thursday when we will have 40-50 Imps Clans G15's etc out well worth a visit and chance to discuss the good old days.

Scott


That's only a stone's throw from me - must add the date to my diary. :)
DavieW
OC Member
David Waddell
MX-5 OC Club Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:36 pm
Location: Scone

Re: Hi from West Lothian

Postby sclements » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Photos from this weekend

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Scott
sclements
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:54 pm


Return to New Users

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests