Hi from North Lanarkshire

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hi from North Lanarkshire

Postby Sprinzel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi guys.

Just bought a black 2009 Sport Tech Coupe.

It was a bit of a shock as I thought I was buying a soft top with a removeable hardtop - the pictures on Autotrader were that bad!

Anyway, the salesman brought it up from Gateshead to Edinburgh, where I work, and I bit his hand off when I saw it.

I'd knocked the price down for a soft top and ended up with a folding roof! Result!

Absolutely love the handling, have the top down most days, even in this cold weather and can't wait for summer.

Previously been heavily involved organising car rallies, classic car rallies and take part in long distance endurance car events.

I've done the Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability run twice in my 1973 GT6.

This entails driving down to London for the start and then, in the company of over 100 other Triumphs, drive 2000 miles round Britain non stop in 48 hours to get back to London.

Absolutely a great experience and totally addictive.

I also have a 1959 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite for sunny days but that's currently in mothballs.

So, you have probably guessed that I'm a bit of a petrolhead and love driving.

I'm interested in doing some of your runs, particularly the one in April as I know these roads well from running classic car events down that way.

One question.

Do you have to be a member to take part?

I'm keen to get out with fellow MX-5 enthusiasts, so will hopefully meet up with you in the near future.

I live just down the road from Cumbernauld, so am probably quite near to a number of you from what I've read on the forum.

Jim.
Driving, not polishing!
Sprinzel

Re: Hi from North Lanarkshire

Postby JimF » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Jim
Welcome to the forum. You would be welcome at any of our events. You do not need to be a member to come to a few events and see if you enjoy yourself. If you wanted to continue with club events we would expect you to join the MX5 Owners Club. Hope to meet you in the future.
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Steven and Pamela » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Jim,

Welcome and congrats on getting the car, in the best colour too :D
Mk3 1.8
Steven and Pamela
OC Member
Steven Fisher
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby MrCool90 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum. From cumbernauld myself
Simon
MrCool90

Postby Sprinzel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 am

Agree that black is the best colour. Bugger to keep clean in this weather though. :)

Simon, keep an eye out for me flying through the A8011 to avoid the northbound Cumbernauld Crawl up the M80 about 7:30 in the morning.

Am going to attend my first run this Sunday with my regular co-driver from classic car events.

So, looking forward to driving over some of the roads I take when I go the long way home from Edinburgh.

Oh, and a bag of chips with loads of vinegar appeals as well! :D

Jim.
Driving, not polishing!
Sprinzel

Return to New Users