New guy after an mx5

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

New guy after an mx5

Postby G-Bob » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Oi oi

I'm bob, just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Just sold my VX220 to clear off some debts but have a little left over to buy a toy car again so am looking at mx5s

I had a shot of a couple round kames this year and had a blast. Not anywhere near as sharp as the vx220 but very predictible in its handling and the way the back end came round. :D

Ive seen a couple I'm going to look at when I get back from holiday on monday, and take a few ex owners with me to scout them out.

Not sure if its the done thing on this forum, but on other owners forums you can post links to potential buys to see if anyone knows the car or can suggest things to look for? :geek: I've seen a couple and wondering if its OK to post?

I'm from the west Lothian area by the way.

Hopefully bump into some of you at some point.

Cheers
Bob
G-Bob

Re: New guy after an mx5

Postby Paul newnham » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 am

Welcome to the forum

What's your budget ?

Paul
Paul newnham

Postby G-Bob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks mate.

Looking at around 1200-1500. I've seen a few early mk2's around that price but there's something about the pop-up headlights drawing me into a mk1.

There's a black one in a garage in Dumfries that's now advertised on Gumtree at £1650 but I'm sure he'll come down in price.
G-Bob

Postby kevham » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Hey Bob - small world!
I'm on the lookout for another one too having just sold my last sprint car today.

I'm looking for an MOT failure though.......

Good luck with the search and if you need any help, let me know - I had MX-5s for over 10 years before I got my VX220 (from an MX-5 club member!)
Cheers,

Kev
1998 Mk2 1.8i - owned 2004-2010
1998 Mk2 Roadster VS - sold to MX5parts.co.uk
1994 Mk1 1.8iS - owned 1998-2001

Visit my blog www.racingfive.co.uk
kevham

Postby G-Bob » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am

Small world indeed. :grin:

It was lazydonkey that told me to get signed up over here. I think him and richiek used to have 5's.
G-Bob

Postby Paul newnham » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I may have mine for sale in about 6-8 weeks time, unless I can sell a kidney so I can keep it! It is a vr ltd 1996.

Will give you a shout if I do by gm has first dibs if I ever sell so he would have first dibs !!

Cheers Paul
Paul newnham

Postby gm » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Paul newnham wrote:..... gm has first dibs if I ever sell ......

but mrs gm would go skipjack if i bought another one !
gm

Postby 1600eunos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am

G-Bob wrote:Oi oi

I'm bob, just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Just sold my VX220 to clear off some debts but have a little left over to buy a toy car again so am looking at mx5s

I had a shot of a couple round kames this year and had a blast. Not anywhere near as sharp as the vx220 but very predictible in its handling and the way the back end came round. :D

Ive seen a couple I'm going to look at when I get back from holiday on monday, and take a few ex owners with me to scout them out.

Not sure if its the done thing on this forum, but on other owners forums you can post links to potential buys to see if anyone knows the car or can suggest things to look for? :geek: I've seen a couple and wondering if its OK to post?

I'm from the west Lothian area by the way.

Hopefully bump into some of you at some point.

Cheers
Bob

Hi Gbob,

Did you have the red VX 220 at kames, if so I was the MX5 in silver.

I have almost identical MX5 that I had at Kames coming up for sale. It is in the garage at the minute for an MOT. I will be punting her with a fresh MOT, hardtop (worth 300) and it is in super condition. It is the 1.6 eunos model with LSD (great for the old kames drifting). I am able to sell with a spare set of wheels too with good tread. The car is in good condition with no rust.

If you PM me your e-mail that would be easier for sending over Hi-res pictures.

Cheers
Stewart
Stewart
1600 Eunos
1800 Eunos - 1994.
1600eunos
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby G-Bob » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Stewart

Yeah that was me. :D Small world.
I'm popping down to Dumfries at the weekend to look at a Mk2 SE, but by all means I'll send you over my email address because I'm definitely on the look out.

Cheers
Bob
G-Bob

Return to New Users