Newby hello

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Newby hello

Postby mark111 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi all, just new to this site and firstly looking for a bit of advice. I am looking to purchase my first mx 5 but need a bit of help on where to get the best deals, im looking for an 05 (ish ) reg and have been on umpteen sites looking, What i want is a car for weekend drives as i have a works van for midweek,reliable and in decent condition as i like keeping my cars gleaming and good looking. Iam currently saving up but also would like to know a realistic figure to aim for.

Many thanks
mark111

Re: Newby hello

Postby drumtochty » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Mark.

The Mk3 was introduced in the 2nd half of 2005 but the last of the MK2.5's was still available.

Both nice cars but the Mk2 and Mk2.5 tend to have rust in the rear wings which costs around £900 to sort. A small number of these cars does not suffer from the fault.

Lookimg at most owners club outings these days the MK3 and Mk3.5 is the car of choice.

Due to the large numbers of secondhand Mk3's available the secondhand prices are reducing and it is getting to the point where they are not a lot more expensive than the Mk2.5.

Drive both and decide.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Newby hello

Postby mark111 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome & Advice Eddie,
I will have a look around but if you hear or see a good deal please give me a shout whilst i still attempt to talk the wife into letting me free with a couple oh grand out the savings :roll:

Mark
mark111

Return to New Users