Hello from Inverness

Introduce yourself to the MX5Scotland community here.
Please read the "Sticky" post in this section before posting.

Hello from Inverness

Postby kevtrix » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Hello everyone! We caught the MX5 bug at the end of summer last year so its been a long winter waiting to get her back out on the road again. Its a Mk 1 1990 Eunos ( Jap import) imported 2006 so is good nick, saw it on ebay with not long to go on the auction wasnt far away, just out the road a wee bit in Nairn, had a look and got hooked. The car orriginally belonged to a woman in Buckie before that, where we think it recieved alot of its chrome bling! Just waiting for the sun to come out propperly had a run to Beauly on saturday, nice and sunny on the road out but got caught in hail and sleat on way back! We love our classics all 4 of them did have 5 but sold the Dolly Sprint at the end of last year, loads of cars to work on but not enough hours in the day.

mazda 1 small.jpg
Kevin & Elaine
MK1 1990 EUNOS (with loads o Bling)...1977 Triumph dolly....1973 Triumph GT6...1990 Peugeot 205 convertible and how a RobinHood S7
kevtrix

Re: Hello from Inverness

Postby IanN » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Kevtrix welcome to the forum, good looking car you've found. Summers just around the corner to enjoy it to the full :D
2016 Mk4 Icon Special Edition
IanN
OC Member
Ian Ness
Site Admin

Postby MX5 4 FAB » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Kevtrix

Welcome to the world of MX5s, Brian (Robertson) and I are the area co-ordinators for the the Highland and Moray Area (locally known as the Hi-5s). Take a look at the events pages and such to see what we get up to and what events are planned for the coming months, we have a monthly meeting on the 1st Monday of every month at the Craigmonie Hotel. Please feel free to pop along and see what we are all about.

Frankie and Brian (FAB)
Frankie
Hi-5s FAB
Ex-Joint Area Co-ordinator for Highland and Moray
MX5 4 FAB
OC Member
Frankie Grant
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby The Pram » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi there. Very swanky looking car there :)

Fine to see more new folk joining from up north. Great stuff. Have a great summer :mrgreen:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
The Pram

Postby JimF » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Kevtrix, welcome to the forum
JimF
OC Member
Jim Ford
MX-5 OC Club Member

Hello from Inverness

Postby mnp1962 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi

Welcome to the site,

We also have a mk1 1990 Eunos imported in 2006, nice looking car you have there, will keep an eye out for you

Martin & Kirsty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MK1 1.6 mariner blue, import
mnp1962

Postby Brian - part of FAB » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Kevtrix

Welcome to the site.

We have a couple of runs this weekend if you're interested - one a local one - in conjunction with the Highland Classic Motor Club, or a slightly longer run to Cruachan Power Station on Loch Awe - 4 cars on that one.

Hope to catch up before too long - Brian
Brian - part of FAB

Hi-5s are always on Top!!
Brian - part of FAB
OC Member
Brian Robertson
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby kevtrix » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the offer But it's going to be the Dolomite for Drive it Day, Wish we could take both cars but there's 4 of us going so the dolly wins this time around, however we have entered both cars for the Inverness Classic show.

Thanks again

Kevin & Elaine
Kevin & Elaine
MK1 1990 EUNOS (with loads o Bling)...1977 Triumph dolly....1973 Triumph GT6...1990 Peugeot 205 convertible and how a RobinHood S7
kevtrix

Postby MX5 4 FAB » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Kevin

I spent many happy hours as a child being carted around the country in my grandparents dolomite, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them too. Sorry you won't be able to take the MX5 out for the Drive it Day too, but happy to hear that you are going to manage both at the Inverness Classic. Are you going to want to sneak the 5 in beside the club ones at that or do you want to stick with what your current plans are?

Steve MacGregor one of our area members is going to the Drive it Day as well, but doing like you and taking his other classic, in his case an MG...introduce yourself if you come across him as he is the only other 5 member that we know attending the DiD.

Looking forward to meeting you soon

Frankie and Brian
Frankie
Hi-5s FAB
Ex-Joint Area Co-ordinator for Highland and Moray
MX5 4 FAB
OC Member
Frankie Grant
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Brian - part of FAB » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Kev

So many cars to choose from!! If you drop me your email address then I'll add you onto the mailing list for the Hi-5s. If you decide you don't want to continue getting them just let me know.

Best regards and have a great day tomorrow.

Brian - part of FAB

Hi-5s are always on Top
Brian - part of FAB

Hi-5s are always on Top!!
Brian - part of FAB
OC Member
Brian Robertson
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby kevtrix » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks we will say hi to Steve Macgregor tomorrow, as far as the Inverness classic show goes not too sure what our plans are at the moment, we are hoping to have both cars parked together, we are members of the Highland Classic Car Club and there are meant to be arranging a group area at it, as to date we have heard nothing back as arrangements, I will email them and find out what the arrangements are for this. It would be great to get the newsletters thanks.
Our email address is triumphdolly@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks again will let you know our plans when i hear back from the club.

Kevin and Elaine
Kevin & Elaine
kevtrix

Return to New Users