Square Deal Motors Mazda. Falkirk

Details of Trusted and Recommended garages in Central Scotland.

Postby Gavin » Mon May 29, 2006 8:10 pm

Good service department. Very friendly too.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby pixor » Fri May 18, 2007 2:43 pm

We've ordered our 5 from them, seemed very helpful and we even got a discount :)
pixor

Postby craig81 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:16 am

I was in there getting some replacement trim clips, the guy at the parts desk was decent enough, sold me a 'zoom zoom' golf umbrella slightly used (tiny indent in the plastic pointy bit) for half the RRP.
craig81

SDM again

Postby jimk » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi,

After losing the only key for the MX5 I had to have it taken in to have new keys coded. SDM uplifted the car from home and coded two new keys and I picked the car up the same afternoon.

Nothing particularly great about that you may say but I realised the risk of only having one key when I got the car over a year ago and tried to get a spare key from a Mazda dealer .

This Mazda dealer, who shall remain nameless, had the car for 4 hours on two separate days, had 4 keys cut and still couldn't code the keys.

Their solution was for me to leave the car for a day while they substituted parts (immobiliser ecu) until it worked, estimated at 8 hours labour plus parts.

SDM, however have carried out the work quickly and at reasonable cost.

jimk
jimk

Postby Robin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:25 am

SDM seem to have upped the game in the recent past. They are always very helpful to me & the Club in supplying bits & pieces for events, and one time took my NA in right away to fix my alarm when it broke down..in their own forecourt :oops: .. when they were told I was showing at classic car event the next day. Also pushed as hard as they could to get warranty paint done on my wife's 5. Fair play to them.
Robin

Postby craig81 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:43 am

NC was in for service/ MOT yesterday,

Upside: OC members get a 10%
Downside: The car was immaculate when I dropped it off given that I'd spent a whole day cleaning it last weekend and they washed it leaving water/ dirty marks all over the car. I'd previously heard a couple of owners say they ask them not to wash their cars when they're in for servicing and thought they were maybe just being a bit precious.

All in all, reasonably good service and I had a chat with the service manager who seems like a good bloke.
2006 NC Sport in Sunlight silver
craig81

Postby johnny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

I thought SDM Mazda in Middlefield Road in Falkirk was scottmacdonald or is Square Deal Motors somewhere different ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by johnny on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny
OC Member
John Howie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Square Deal Motors Mazda. Falkirk

Postby iain cooper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:30 pm

things can change over 7 years ! !

Iain
iain cooper

Re: Square Deal Motors Mazda. Falkirk

Postby Scott_J » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:24 pm

jim name and shame so others can avoid your fate
Scott_J

Postby johnny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Reason I was asking is I am buying my new car there. They have a service plan which is £20.03 per month for three years of warranty or when I join here will I ask for the 10% discount

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
johnny
OC Member
John Howie
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland Garages