EdinTyre - Mobile Tyre Fitters

Details of Trusted and Recommended garages in Central Scotland.

EdinTyre - Mobile Tyre Fitters

Postby joeytalent » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:16 am

Just wanted to recommend EdinTyre (http://www.edintyre.co.uk/).

I bought four Toyo T1Rs from DemonTweeks and contacted Ian at EdinTyre to get them fitted at my flat. He turned up when we arranged, was happy to explain everything he was doing and generally chat away about cars for an hour or so whilst fitting the new tyres. Always feel happier when a proper car enthusiast is working on my car.

After going to the ATS over the road from my work for the last couple of years and being increasingly disappointed with their service (they wouldn't fit tyres I didn't buy from them, insisting on doing a "health check" on my car every time to try and get more money out of me etc.) I know who I'll be going back to!
joeytalent

Re: EdinTyre - Mobile Tyre Fitters

Postby gm » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:45 am

sounds good, what are his prices like ? my usual guy is up to £15 a corner now so time to look around for alternatives
gm

Postby joeytalent » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:22 pm

£45 for four tyres fitted and balanced, and that included disposal for three of them. I hung onto my brand new budget as a spare.
joeytalent

Postby gm » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:52 pm

I got a set of new tyres fitted by Ian last week, he did a great job, I can definitely recommend him. The tyre fitting only took half an hour but he was here for over an hour as we chatted about cars :)
gm

Postby Snapper Mike » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Had fabulously friendly service from Ian at Edintyre this morning. 4 new Kumho's took about an hour. Bought the tyres through Blackcircles but Ian is one of their recommended fitters.
MK3.5 2.0L Sport Tech, Stormy Blue.
Snapper Mike
OC Member
Mike Wilkinson
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland Garages