Bosch Automotive services Dunfermline

Details of Trusted and Recommended garages in the East of Scotland.

Bosch Automotive services Dunfermline

Postby Michelle T » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Wanted to share info about the above gargage. We have been using this garage for a good few years, and have had recent work done on two of my 5s. The garage is top dog, they really know their stuff and are honest and reliable. I would recommend them to anyone needing any work done to their mx5 (cambelts, water pump, general service etc). They have also been approved by mazda. The prices to me seem ok, as the quailty of work they do is extremely good, and I am always looked after really well when my car goes into the garage. They are friendly and helpful and give good advice. I was also told when in that they were opening a new garage in dalgety bay. Ps, I travel from hamilton to use this garage because they are so good. :)

Bosch Automotive services
Unit 3, Elgin industrial estate,
Dickson street
Dunfermline
Fife Ky12 7SL 01383738077
Michelle T

Postby Si » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Is this the garage owned by a gentleman named Yob (not sure of the spelling, but that's how it sounds)?

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Michelle T » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm

yeah Job gevers, saw him today nice chap, I think anyways.
Michelle T

Postby Si » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:35 pm

That's the man. They did a great alignment on my car, but was disappointed with some of their other work. It was a little more advanced and problematic than a service or cambelt change. I was probably unlucky as they have a phenomenal following from owners of high performance cars.

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Zakadoodle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Went to his garage and was hugely disappointed. Service was really poor and the work carried out was a big disappointment. Dropped the car off for a simple cam belt change and when I got it back:

1. Clearly leaned on my pop-up head lamps pushing them out of alignment with the bonnet, both lights.

2. Cracked one of my timing covers and blamed it on the fact 'it was old'.
3. Didn't refill the cooling system after they drained it off, but billed me for it, coolant level was only about 2 cm off the MIN mark.

4. Adjusted the idle, because 'it was too high', never asked me and billed me £52 for the privilege. Idle is now way too low and I had to re-adjust myself, they adjusted to about 550 RPM!!!

5. As you may have seen from my recent post it looks like (but yet to confirm) they haven't refitted the CAM cover gasket correctly or haven't advised the old one was in bad shape. I am now getting oil from the cam gasket into my no 2 spark plug chamber and oil leaking onto the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Not chuffed at all.
:( :( :(
Software development is a race between software engineers building bigger and better systems, and the Universe producing bigger and better idiots.
Zakadoodle

Postby Michelle T » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm

take it back and complain
i have been hearing more bad reports a guy in my work used them until last year he also had a few problems
we are now considering not going back because they are not the cheapest and you would expect a good service mind you everthing has been ok for us although we do most work ourselfs
i have noticed over the years some of the staff has changed and job takes very little to do with it. when we started going it was him that did alot of the work
maybe it should be taken off the trusted garages that is two people with problems :shock:
Michelle T

Return to East Scotland Garages