Wheel Refurbishment Reccomendation

Details of Trusted and Recommended garages in the East of Scotland.

Wheel Refurbishment Reccomendation

Postby Czinski » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 am

Not sure if this is the right section for this but I wanted to put a recommendation up ('cause I said I would!) for http://www.wheelproscotland.co.uk/

They have just recently opened a place in Edinburgh (conveniently around the corner from where I work) but have been operating in Glasgow for some time. I cannot recommend them highly enough, they do the full works, acid dip, repair any scuffs and even buckles, and paint in pretty much any colour you like. And a friendlier bunch of guys you couldn't hope to meet, when I first went in to find out about the place I got a full tour of the workshop going through the process that they do, and brought out example wheels to offer up to the car so see what finish I would like. I finally decided on "Shaddow Chrome" which may sound a bit bling but it's fairly subtle and is basically a black gloss base with silver over the top.
Anyway enough waffle, here's the photos:

The quality is superb and these guys are perfectionists, I'd popped in at lunchtime to see how they were getting on and they'd done three of them but weren't quite happy with the finish so were going to sand them back and do a few more layers of base coat to get them perfectly smooth before applying the silver finish.

Cost me £231 - more basic colour finishes are cheaper and prices are according to wheel size, mine are 16s - and for that price for essentially a brand new set of wheels I'd say it's pretty good value!

Apologies if that all sounds too much like an advert, I've no connection with them other than being a happy customer!
2001 Mk2.5 Silver S-Vt Sport 1.8
Czinski

Re: Wheel Refurbishment Reccomendation

Postby gm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:01 am

they do look very smart and it's good to hear a positive review, I drive past them on the way to work and had thought about popping in for a chat. although I'm not sure my scruffy mk1 can warrant that kind of spend - I would need to start washing the damn thing then !
gm

Postby Czinski » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:06 am

going in for a chat would be dangerous - it was very hard to resist the temptation after seeing all those lovely shiny wheels they have on display!
Czinski

Postby gm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am

I'm sure they would love the challenge that my track wheels would be - calling them rough would be kind !
gm

Postby Dot and Chas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Just had my Focus ST done by them, changed the colour to "Shadow Chrome" as well, from standard silver and did my brake calipers in red, well pleased with the result!! :D

Chas
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Czinski » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:55 am

Dot and Chas wrote:Just had my Focus ST done by them, changed the colour to "Shadow Chrome" as well, from standard silver and did my brake calipers in red, well pleased with the result!! :D

Chas

Was yours the blue one that was being stored there for a while? That was one of the examples they showed me!
Czinski

Postby Dot and Chas » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes, that's the one!! kindly stored it for me while I was on honeymoon, should have seen the stoor on it!! they gave it a wee scrub before I got it back :D
Also got the guided tour,seems well set-up.

Chas
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to East Scotland Garages