The National Park Argyll Classic Car Run Sunday 11th March.

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

The National Park Argyll Classic Car Run Sunday 11th March.

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Phoned the Scottish Motor Museum Trust today to get a few details.
The cars will be leaving the Motoring Heritage Centre, Lomond Galleries, Alexandria at 1000Hrs and heading for the Rest and be Thankful. They will be going up the Hill Climb between 1100 and 1200Hrs. I was told that there will be spectator opportunities at the top, but it could be busy.
I thought of getting there for 0900Hrs to have a look at some of the cars before they leave and then head for the Rest and be Thankful.
This is not a Club event, but an event that some people might be interested in. I've done a lot of hill-walking in the area and have always been interested in the old hill climb track so it's good to see it opened up.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:13 pm

Mino and I went across to this. We saw 93 cars leave from Alexandria ranging from a 1907 Argyll to a 2007 Aston Martin DB9. There were some really nice classic examples there. We then went up yo the Rest and be Thankful to watch them come up the course. We were speaking to some of the Marshalls and they were saying that they want to make this an annual event. The event was not just for classic cars as you may have guessed seeing as a DB9 was there.
Mike and Di from Blargowrie who used to have the Merlot were there in Mike's 3L Z3 along with the dog.
2009 Convertible Coupe 2.0L Sport now that the 2005 LE and 2007 Z Sport Limited are dead.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Motorsport