Divorce beckons

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Divorce beckons

Postby -- » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:01 pm

And I blame you lot squarely and fairly. After 30 years of bliss, the Missus is going to see her lawyer tomorrow :cry:
All I said was...."sweetheart...um see these track days? Can I take your "new" 5 and have a go? I will be ever so careful...."
That was as far as it went.....Im afraid Jen remembers a certain Fast Ford day in the 80's when I stuffed a pristine Capri2.8i into the kittylitter at the hairpin....bags of grunt let down by iffy brakes and a miopic pilot :oops:

Seriously, I congratulate all of those with the guts to max it around "Knockers".
Can those involved give me a clue as to any performance mods they applied? My 2.8i was "blessed" with very solid suspension, Scorpion kit etc. but the 5's looked a lot more flat through the twisty bits! :evil:
Who had 6 speeds and 5 speeders by the way?
--

Postby Richardn » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:43 pm

2 grand could save the day click for Capri

My 5 is stock with a 6 speed
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby PaulDS » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:23 pm

Ecosse,
Elaine was just the same when I first mentioned 'TRACK DAY' :shock:
However first time round we spectated and she was impressed with the sensibleness and driver etiquette but she still needed further persuasion, :roll:
The following year I was out on the track, the weather was very damp to say the least but a great evening was had by all.
This last time was great, driver conduct of usual high standard and this time the weather perfect.
Next time I hope to get her out on the track :twisted:
Don't give up, keep trying her out.
I'm sure she will even have a go once she has been there. :wink:
Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Re: Divorce beckons

Postby boydie » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:17 pm

Ecosse wrote:

Seriously, I congratulate all of those with the guts to max it around "Knockers".
Can those involved give me a clue as to any performance mods they applied??

Mine is a 5 speed and has koni shocks with H&R 35mm springs, ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff pads all round, custom induction kit, stainless hi flow cat and straight through centre section, borla duel sport backbox and some extra bracing.
The tracknights are excellent and give you a chance to really see what improvements all your mods really make to the car.
Can't wait for the next one :twisted:
If you do divorce make sure you get the car! :lol:
boydie

Postby PaulDS » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:03 pm

boydie wrote:
If you do divorce make sure you get the car! :lol:

Nice one boydie,
One has to get ones priorities right eh :!: :twisted:
And don't forget that Ecosse :wink:

5 speed

Paul
Findochty
Last edited by PaulDS on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PaulDS

Postby kevham » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Ecosse wrote:

Can those involved give me a clue as to any performance mods they applied? My 2.8i was "blessed" with very solid suspension, Scorpion kit etc. but the 5's looked a lot more flat through the twisty bits! :evil:
Who had 6 speeds and 5 speeders by the way?

5 speed, unmodified Mk2 MX5 1.8i with no ABS, no LSD and cheap Pirelli tyres. Only concession to the modification bug is the Axxis Ultimates pads all round.
I did another tracknight last Thursday (with Dreadnought). Found myself holding up some serious machinery including an unfeasibly quick Porsche GT3. Managed to hold my own with some of the TVRs though. My times were about 2 secs down on June - probably something to do with the heavy shower just before the track opened!
Some interesting vids to follow........

PS. Next Dreadnought night is 7 Sep - I'm booked, is anyone else?
1998 Mk2 1.8i - owned 2004-2010
1998 Mk2 Roadster VS - sold to MX5parts.co.uk
1994 Mk1 1.8iS - owned 1998-2001

Visit my blog www.racingfive.co.uk
kevham

Postby rockdoc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:41 pm

PaulDS wrote:
boydie wrote:
Soon to be ordered Emanage and LSDiff.

Paul
Findochty

Paul
found a site that does boomslang wiring harnesses for the emanage install- will make it "plug n play"
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby PaulDS » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:45 pm

rockdoc wrote:
PaulDS wrote:
boydie wrote:
Soon to be ordered Emanage and LSDiff.

Paul
Findochty

Paul
found a site that does boomslang wiring harnesses for the emanage install- will make it "plug n play"

Ooooooh!!
See you tomorrow :twisted:

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Thanks to you all

Postby -- » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:16 pm

Ta for taking time out to reply everyone! I have a half way agreement from Jen now :lol: All this intel will come in handy.....for the following...

Since I have just sold my beloved Monza3000GSE :cry: ....and this freed up my lock up...I have Royal Consent from the Honourable Mhensab.....(OK her indoors)....to fish around for a sound early 5 and thrash that if I want....in a year or so. Plenty time...I will wait for a good competant one worth gentle upgrading.

To be fair, Jen has waited 10 years for her wee 5, and I dont blame her one bit. We are both very precious with it....silly old sods we are! Will miss my Monza though...God what a car. Just something about that six pot howl :shock:

Meanwhile...I am tooling to work in a...a .... :oops: R plate Lantra :twisted:
--

Re: Thanks to you all

Postby PaulDS » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:36 pm

[quote="Ecosse"]
Since I have Royal Consent from the Honourable Mhensab.....(OK her indoors)....to fish around for a sound early 5 and thrash that if I want....in a year or so. Plenty time...I will wait for a good competant one worth gentle upgrading.

You won't regret it :P Wait and see :wink:

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Return to Motorsport