TrackScotland @ Knockhill 2hr - 30th April 2015

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

TrackScotland @ Knockhill 2hr - 30th April 2015

Postby TrackScotland » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Thursday 30th April 2015 18:00-20:00pm

* Open Pit lane, 2 hour session
* £85 per CAR with 1 driver - BOOK TRACKDAY
* £10 per additional driver - BOOK ADDITIONAL DRIVER
* Fully Marshalled, any dangerous driving will be dealt with at the event.
* REVERSE DIRECTION
* Overtaking on straights only - by consent.

Tickets booked via
Track Scotland Shop

Additional Drivers can be booked HERE

The Online Booking uses PayPal ONLY, so you can only use Credit/Debit Cards VIA PAYPAL FUNDING OPTIONS. If you would prefer not to use PayPal, cheques or bank transfer will be fine. Email for details. fee@trackscotland.co.uk

Drivers Licence

Please remember that you need to show your licence at sign on, and this needs to be in date (your photo needs to be updated every 10 years).
If your photocard licence has expired, Knockhill will NOT let you on track so please check this in advance.

Please remember we need you to book in advance to make these days happen! Tell your friends and feel free to cross-post on other forums you may use.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch :)

ak@trackscotland.co.uk
fk@trackscotland.co.uk
TrackScotland

Re: TrackScotland @ Knockhill 2hr - 30th April 2015

Postby joeytalent » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Anyone heading up to this? Think I'll be up to watch with my MX5, if anyone wants a poke around an ITB setup feel free to grab me.
joeytalent

Postby gm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

I'll be there, I was planning to spectate but booked a place at the last minute. you are welcome to grab a helmet and jump in as a passenger - I've only done reverse direction once so will be taking it easy.

TrackScotland events tend to have a good standard of driver taking part and fewer cars booked on so hopefully it will be a lot better than last weeks 'knockhills own' event which had far too many stoppages, especially for a dry sunny day.
gm

Postby joeytalent » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:58 am

Great - cheers Mark. I'll be there about 6.30, traffic dependent!
joeytalent

Postby gm » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:25 pm

see if you can nick off work early and make it in time for the briefing at 530, you can sign on as a second driver and have a go if you want ?
gm

Postby gm » Fri May 01, 2015 7:40 am

That was probably one of the best track sessions I have done for a long time - I was almost going to cancel due to the crappy weather forecast but I'm so glad I didnt.

I've been doing track days at knockhill for a good few years but always in the clockwise direction, the only one time I drove it anticlockwise was a bit of a shambles as it was the first ever session in the that direction and no one knew where the braking / turning points were. Last night was such a contrast, as usual on TrackScotland events, the driving was of a high standard and very importantly, drivers were considerate and courteous on the track.

I did make a bit of a blunder on my first lap when my brain confused 'overtaking is on the right' to mean 'move to the right to let others pass' so the the queue of half a dozen evos and subarus that I held up on the home straight, my apologies :)

The little red mk1 behaved itself very well, after some debate, I had chosen to fit the road tyres (toyo t1r) as my track set (Maranghoni zeta linea sport!) are getting very low on tread and would have been treacherous in the rain. Thankfully the forecast was wrong and the sun shone all evening so it was top down all the way :)

Gordon was there in his newly acquired mk1, his first time out at knockhill in a mx5, and was having a ball - I suspect it won't be long until he is back for more.

The next TS event is wed 3rd June, I'll be booking up as soon as I confirm the day off work.
gm

Postby Purplebug » Sat May 02, 2015 10:39 pm

What set ups are you guys running, my mates do the trackscotland events and are egging me on to bring my 5 up but i've never done an event before.
Purplebug

Return to Motorsport