Autosolo - Go on, give it a go

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Autosolo - Go on, give it a go

Postby G-Bob » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Scottish Sporting car club are running a couple of events near Adrossan on a couple of Wednesday evenings this month. If you have not previously been to an autotest, then why not give it a go? These events are actually being run as autosolos which are a bit more open and easier to manage for newbies. It's basically like a mini sprint round a course of cones and gates. You will be lucky to get out of first or second gear so reletively low speed and is a great chance to try out your driving skills without great risk.

It usually costs around a tenner to enter - you will also require club membership - also about a tenner IIRC.

From SSCC:
As promised, a rather late announcement of August events!
The reason for the delay is that we have been working on gaining access to a new site, Ardeer. The site is located near Ardrossan and is managed by Irvine Bay Events who are keen to promote motorsport usage of the site.
In order to take advantage of the summer evenings and avoid date clashes we have opted to try 2 consecutive midweek events rather than a traditional Saturday running.
The events will run on the 20th and 27th of August.
Entries as before can be made to myself either by post, phone or email, regs to be released this week.
Hope to see you all out for some sideways action to christen the new site!
https://www.facebook...tishSportingCC/

A couple of guys and I did this last year and it was great fun and low pressure. We entered in the rear-wheel drive, road going class and actually managed to win a couple of rounds. You can do it in any car (guy did it in his mum's aygo) but it would be good to see some more mx5's there. thumbsup
G-Bob

Re: Autosolo - Go on, give it a go

Postby G-Bob » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Update on this....

The new site is massive. So much so that the plan is to re-create the F1 race circuits. First one to be Silverstone.

There is quite a buzz around this event -with quite a few spectators, local radio, (and possibly TV), so should be fun! The routes will not be too tight or twisty, so should be newbie friendly and well suited to mx5s. 8)
G-Bob

Postby Macscorcher » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey Bob I used to be a sscc member a few years ago & always been tempted to do more auto testing. When do u need the entries is by at the latest ?
Macscorcher

Postby G-Bob » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am

The last couple I've been to, I've just turned up on the night, but they are anticipating it being busy as it's a new venue and first one of the season.

I'm sure you could wait until the day before though. ;)
G-Bob

Postby G-Bob » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Only 3 spaces left on this apparently.
G-Bob

Postby hold on tight » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Spoiled for choice this weekend;
Scottish Sporting Car Club event on Saturday at Johnstone https://scottishsportingcc.wordpress.com/event-regs/
East Ayrshire Car Club event on Sunday at Kames; http://www.eastayrshirecc.co.uk/documents/autotest-regs-jan-25-2015-a_1.pdf
hold on tight

Postby hold on tight » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:43 pm

I did the event on Saturday.

Good day out, (between the showers) and a good turnout of MX5s again
Managed to avoid putting the hood up until the journey home, when I really had to give in.
hold on tight

Postby G-Bob » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Good on yah. I couldn't make Saturday because I was away at a burns weekend.

Should be at the next one though. :)
G-Bob

Postby Stuart B » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Great to see someone promoting autosolos. I have used my Mk1 Eunos for a couple of classic rallies and these rallies include at least a dozen autotest style tests. The Eunos is absolutely brilliant on autotests and mine has an lsd which mean you can have even more fun.

Please keep posting details of your events.

Stuart
Stuart B

Postby hold on tight » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:43 pm

The next event in Scottish Sporting Car Club’s 2015 competition season is on Saturday 7 February 2015 with a combined AutoSOLO, All-Forwards Autotest and Production Car Autotest at the premises of Irvine Bay Events, Ardeer (the former ICI Nobel works).
Entries can be made by telephone on 0141 571 9816 (answerphone) or by email to charleswturner@ntlworld.com (entry forms and entry fees to be collected at the event).
Please do not just turn up at the event – if you’re going to enter please call or email Charles now!
hold on tight

Postby hold on tight » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 am

The next event in Scottish Sporting Car Club’s 2015 competition season will be a combined AutoSOLO, All-Forwards Autotest and Production Car Autotest to be held on Sunday 8 March 2015 at the premises of Irvine Bay Events, Ardeer (the former ICI Nobel works).
Please note the change of day to a Sunday, which we hope may prove attractive to an additional group of competitors who have not been able to enter our Saturday events because of other commitments.
Entries for this event close at 7.00 pm on Wednesday 4 March 2015. Entries can be made by telephone on 0141 571 9816 (answerphone) or by email to charleswturner@ntlworld.com (entry forms and entry fees to be collected at the event).
Please do not just turn up at the event – if you’re going to enter please call or email me now!
We look forward to welcoming everyone to a warm and sunny Ardeer on the 8th March.
Regs and Entry Form can be downloaded at:
http://rotor-racing.co.uk/Files/Regs_Ardeer_8_3_2015.pdf
hold on tight

Return to Motorsport