Knockhill Trackday Easter Monday

.... for those that enjoy 'tracking' their car.

Knockhill Trackday Easter Monday

Postby gm » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Anyone fancy joining me on this one ? Monday 1st April 6pm - 8pm, open pit lane so do as many or as few laps as you like.

http://trackdays.knockhill.com/trackday.php

£60 bargain !

Last edited by gm on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gm

Re: Knockhill Trackday Easter Monday

Postby smiles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:07 am

Hope to make an appearance. Will need to wait till the day as not sure I can get the time of work but here's hoping.
smiles

Postby smiles » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Gutted I'm working a full day that day do unfortunately I won't be there.. Defo next time
smiles

Postby gm » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm

The forecast looks promising, any last minute takers ? I even gave the car a wash today !
gm

Postby gm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm

That was another great night, the car performed brilliantly, shame about the driver - I managed an impressive 360 spin at the bottom of duffus, hope someone got it on camera !

While the car was cooling down, Gordon from Haston racing came over to persuade me I should get involved in mx5 racing, he showed me round his track prepped cars and Stuart took me out for a few laps - bloody hell, he gave it the beans ! He was taking corners way quicker than I thought possible, braking at the last second, really flinging the car around. After half a dozen laps with him, I went back out in my own car and got a bit more adventurous with my braking points and corners speeds. A big thankyou to Stuart for showing me how it should be done !

No pics so far but there were some fancy looking cameras around so hopefully some good shots will appear somewhere.

The car is still surprisingly clean so I took a few pics of it myself today

gm

Postby joeytalent » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:28 pm

Car is looking immaculate Mark! I was hoping to sneak away from cooking / eating duties, but sadly not to be. Hope to see some more pictures emerging.
joeytalent

Postby gm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Some really good photos here, shame you couldn't make it.

http://www.power-images.co.uk/gallerys/ ... _4475.html

TrackScotland have just announced their next event is on saturday 20th April, the bad news is that it is mrs gm's birthday that weekend so I'll need to give that one a miss. Good news is that there is a knockhills own session on thu 25th April and I've got the day off booked already !
gm

Return to Motorsport