My first wave! Yipee!

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

My first wave! Yipee!

Postby joonspoon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, what can I say?!
After rabbitting on for over 9 weeks about not getting a single wave - I finally got my first one today! :P
A red MK2 or MK2.5 in Paisley, dark haired man and start of reg was "ELZ". Anyone on the forum per chance?
I'm soooooooooooooooo happy! My son told me to shut up & stop going on about it but I can't! :D
Also spotted another 2, Crystal blue MK2.5 on Craw Road, Paisley this afternoon, think it was a chick driving but she had the hood up (shocking eh?) and a BRG MK1 with tan roof on the outside lane of the M8 just after junction 27 Paisley/Renfrew.
Me very happy now! :P

June
So many twisties.........So little time!!!
joonspoon

Postby stratos_blue » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Congrats June , at long last eh..? I've virtually given up on waving since coming to the opinion that it must be a guys waving to women thing . My girlfriend has only had her MX5 a few weeks and already has been frantically waved at twice , whereas I still await ( after a year ) any sort of acknowledgement . Do you think it is some some sort of male primal courtship behaviour ..???? I'm beginning to think it is . :?
There is only one satisfying way to boot a computer.
stratos_blue

Maybe some strange rules we don't know about?

Postby joonspoon » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:19 pm

Can't believe you've had your 5 for a year and not a friggin wave yet?!!
That is just not funny! :cry:
There might be some weird rules as to who you can wave at, like man wave to woman, woman wave to man but no same sex waves allowed!!! I really don't know!
I did wave to him first but just expected to be ignored (as usual) but then he waved back and I nearly wet myself with excitement (steady on - I know, I get carried away too easily!!!).
Must admit though - much easier to wave with the roof down!! 8)
June
joonspoon

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:10 am

I only wave with the roof down, had quite a few replies from male, female (young enough to be my daughter :( ) and an Audi TT and a Lotus Elise. :?
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Re: My first wave! Yipee!

Postby Fee » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:49 am

joonspoon wrote:Also spotted another 2, Crystal blue MK2.5 on Craw Road, Paisley this afternoon, think it was a chick driving but she had the hood up (shocking eh?)

It wasn't me!

I am starting to give up a bit on waving too, unless of course I am waved at, but it always seems to be making the first move, and we all know a girl should never make the first move :wink:

Fee
Fee

The wave (I don't get em)

Postby Ronnie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:50 am

The thing I have noticed about the wave is that you are more likely to get one from a Mk 1. I suppose these are usuallly driven by enthusiasts. The Mk 2.5 seems the worse as these can be driven by young females who are not particularly Mazda minded. When I first got my 5 I used to wave at everybody and flash the lights sometimes. I got fed up with blank stares from twenty something women who thought I was some kind of perv. :oops: :oops: (well I am a wee bit older than most). So reluctantly I have given up which is a shame. If anybody sees a BRG Mk 2 with a rack on the boot in the Anniesland area give me a wave (it would make my week)
:D :D
Ronnie
2010 Mk3.5 20 AE
Pearlescent White Mica
"Beryl the Pearl"
OC 14725 (lapsed)
Ronnie

The Wave

Postby sbudge » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:15 am

Must admit, I'm much the same Ronnie wave when out for a run with the hood down, but not when driving around town shame on me.

I will need to make more of an effort and dont worry about the strange looks I may get :lol:
sbudge

Re: The wave (I don't get em)

Postby stratos_blue » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:18 am

Ronnie wrote: The Mk 2.5 seems the worse as these can be driven by young females who are not particularly Mazda minded.
HEY !!! I drive a MK2.5 and I aint no girlie :shock: :wink: Methinks you may have opened a can of worms here Ronnie , what do the members think ..? Are Mk 2.5's for girlies..????? Maybe it depends on the colour of your 2.5 ..?
stratos_blue

Postby lochpark » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:23 am

Would agree with Ronnie that you are more likely to get a wave from a MK1 owner :D and while I can see where he is coming from regarding 2.5's I really don't think that what he meant :lol:
lochpark

Re: The wave (I don't get em)

Postby Ronnie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:20 pm

Ronnie wrote: The Mk 2.5 seems the worse as these can be driven by young females who are not particularly Mazda minded.

Sorry Stratos I didnt mean to imply that Mk2.5's are for girlies. :( I only said that they CAN be driven by young females etc. Actually I would love a Mk 2.5 for the later seats and white dials (and possibly better performing headlights). The only reason they appeal to girlies is because they are generally a lot newer

Hope to see you on the Dunoon Run coz I am going.

Ronnie :lol: :lol:
2010 Mk3.5 20 AE
Pearlescent White Mica
"Beryl the Pearl"
OC 14725 (lapsed)
Ronnie

Postby stratos_blue » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:32 pm

I know .....was just being controversial :wink: Look forward to meeting you there . See you Sunday .
stratos_blue

Postby don.b » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:54 pm

Well what can I say !

I've got a Crystal Blue MK 2.5, still the best colour in my mind. My husband had the last say in the colour (Between Red, Black and Crystal Blue), and he is certainly no "Girlie", nor is he young :lol:

I think the waving lark is a load of nonsense, driving around waving at complete strangers just because you drive the same car!!!!!

I mean if I wear a pair of "Ray-Ban" sunglasses, do I wave at everyone else who has a pair? 8)

I attend most of the runs (see you Sunday) and pub meets, have made a lot of great friends, but waving like an idiot at a stranger, I'll pass on that thanks. :wink:

Liz.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Spoil Sport :D :D :D
Phil

Mk3, 2ltr, Brilliant Black, Option pack, Air Con, Eibach springs, Member No. 45**
Phil
OC Member
Phil Mitchell

Postby StevenT » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:04 pm

well if your ever in the livingston/edinburgh area and i spot you ill wave.
If you wave back Great if not, maybe next time. :wink:
titanium grey
MK 2.5
1.8i
pheonix edition
StevenT

Postby joonspoon » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Fee - I knew it wasn't you coz you WOULD have waved and I'd have spotted your "plate"!
Liz - I tend to disagree with you! I like the idea of waving at complete strangers just coz they've got the same make of car as me! It's a nice thing to do and makes some people happy, so why the hell not?!!
It's very boring (and not much fun) being sensible ALL of the time!! :wink:

June :P
joonspoon

Postby inddigo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:56 am

If you wave back Great if not, maybe next time

Steve keep an eye open for me and Jo, we are in Livi, cant miss Jo's 5 a VR Ltd Eunos burgundy with Tan roof, and mines is BRG UK

Andy
Andy and Jo
Zoomette '96 Eunos VR Ltd 1.8
Zoom II '03 MX-5 Supreme Blue 1.8 Sport gone to...
Zoom '94 MX-5 BRG 1.8 Sport - Now gone....
inddigo

wave

Postby mooseywmx5 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:16 pm

reading everyones' comments i have to agree that any of the few waves i get are from mk1 owners with most 2.5 owners just looking very confused :shock: .

I did get a wave from a silver mk1 on thurs near Newbridge last week, however i have considered writing to mazda uk asking them to put waving in the owners literature as a prerequisite of ownership. (fat chance)
mooseywmx5

Postby kevham » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 pm

inddigo wrote:
If you wave back Great if not, maybe next time

Steve keep an eye open for me and Jo, we are in Livi, cant miss Jo's 5 a VR Ltd Eunos burgundy with Tan roof, and mines is BRG UK

Andy

I often wave when I'm out on the open road but rarely in town - there's too much else going on to take my hand off the wheel and gesticulate wildly. Especially when I'm on the phone !!! :lol:

So, if you're going to wave, please do it responsibly and only after completing a full risk assessment. :lol:

Look out for a black Mk2 in Livi/West Edinburgh, guys - it might be me or my good lady! :shock:
1998 Mk2 1.8i - owned 2004-2010
1998 Mk2 Roadster VS - sold to MX5parts.co.uk
1994 Mk1 1.8iS - owned 1998-2001

Visit my blog www.racingfive.co.uk
kevham

Postby StevenT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:54 am

YOUR CARS ARE NOW MARKED. lol.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. :shock:
always nice to get loads wave. make's your passenger think your important. :wink:
titanium grey
MK 2.5
1.8i
pheonix edition
StevenT

Waves

Postby Kaypee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:47 am

Just got my '92 Eunos two days ago and have already had three waves!!

What a car it is a dream come true - wife said I was 2O2F (too old and too fat) for a sportster but I treated myself to it as a retirement (early...very early) present.

Looking forward to the rest of the summer and waving like a loony to other MX5/Eunos owners.
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is optional!!
Kaypee

Next

Return to Spotted!