California Spotted

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

California Spotted

Postby Dot and Chas » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:09 pm

Spotted!!!
Friday evening parked on Callander Main Street
:YELLOW Mark 1 CALIFORNIA 8)
Location of Owner
: UNKNOWN (presumably in local health food shop!!)
:lol:

Hope the tech day was a success ,sorry we couldn't make it as we were off to Oban for the weekend,hence the trip thru Callander on Friday!!!
Chas............Fire up the Z-Sport!

Get Busy Living!!!!
Dot and Chas
OC Member
Dot and Chas
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Richardn » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:23 pm

Pizza Shop :wink:
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby mgrays » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:22 pm

Now why did a Cali look alike get a couple of pedestrians to turn around and use their camera phone a few months back in Calander .. I suspect the yellow one does not get out much .. now it is confirmed .. demoted to pizza wagon :wink:
Malcolm GS
94 JLtd2 FM2
mgrays

Postby Richardn » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:08 pm

Is that demotion :shock:

Cal now has melted tyres after Track day at Knockhill, playing with Greg. I think he was drumming up business melting Toyos :?
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Greg & Nic » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:12 pm

Richardn wrote:Cal now has melted tyres after Track day at Knockhill, playing with Greg. I think he was drumming up business melting Toyos :?

My own lovely T1-R's took an awful pounding too Richard! Darned good fun however. I've just gone and bought a spanking new set of Rota 17 inch alloys with some T1-S for road use and I'll keep the 15's for the two remaining track nights. I hope you're attending as the competition made for much more fun!
I've also had my Powerflow stainless system fitted and although it probably won't make a bit of difference to the performance it sure sounds the biz!
And re being spotted at the pizza shop......... you said that you'd be quicker around Knockhill with less weight in the car....so don't be using that as an excuse.. :wink:
I'll be having a white heater surround off you as well so keep me one aside if you don't mind.
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Postby Si » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:22 pm

Greg & Nic wrote:I've just gone and bought a spanking new set of Rota 17 inch alloys with some T1-S for road use

17" Rotas??? :shock: Nice!!!

Have you got them yet? If so, what sort of weight is in them? I know the 15s are light.......

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby Greg & Nic » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:44 pm

Si, yes I've got them on now. I don't know the weight of them but when I compared them them to other wheels they were very noticeably lighter. I had OZ Superleggera's on previously and they were very light also so I didn't want to stick huge lumps of a wheel on as a repacement. I was worried that the 17's would destroy the ride quality but to be honest it's not that bad. I wound the adjustable shocks back a notch anyway to help with any harshness.
If I was bright enough I'd post some pics but they're all stored on my pc and not online.
91 BRG V Spec....The Wee Beastie
Greg & Nic

Return to Spotted!