Who spotted...

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

Who spotted...

Postby mx5alan » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:29 pm

Lots of MX-5s and a Honda - Oxford Area was in NW Scotland (Loch Maree area) 17th - 25th June... 8)

2000+ miles of driving.... :twisted:

:D
Last edited by mx5alan on Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mx5alan

Postby Richardn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:41 pm

? :? It's the 2nd of July
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby rockdoc » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Spooky ........a post from the future, :shock: - maybe its a Delorean their driving.
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Postby The Pram » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:26 pm

shame on you both - it was an easy smelling mistake to make :wink: :wink: , ooh, I'm having trouble with my worms today :wink: :wink:

At least they picked a bonny place to come for a visit :lol: then home in time again for the glorious game :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:03 pm

Now there's a thing, could that have been the lot that passed Linda and I and not one wave from us was returned ??? Mind you, they were probably too busy admiring the scenery, not many mountains and lochs in Oxfordshire :-) :twisted: :evil:

Did another 'short' run yesterday, 237 miles around the North and North West coast, had a lunchtime bbq at a beautiful beach just south west of Durness, watched some people from south of the border try to take a dip in the lovely blue water, then watched them come out of the water faster than they went in, and they were bluer than the water by that time.

Ah, isn't summer wonderful!! Apart from the damn CARAVANS & MOBILE HOMES!!!!!!!
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby mx5alan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:26 am

BillB wrote:Now there's a thing, could that have been the lot that passed Linda and I and not one wave from us was returned ??? Mind you, they were probably too busy admiring the scenery, not many mountains and lochs in Oxfordshire :-) :twisted: :evil:

Where and when did you spot them - may be able to tell if it was us ?

If I see another MX-5 I normally always wave when/if safe to do so.

We (3 of the cars) followed a MX-5 near Ben Nevis on the way home.
also spotted a grey Mk3. during our weeks stay.

edited top post to June... :lol:
mx5alan

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:06 am

Hi, we passed 3 silver/grey 5's a red one and two others, one of which was a Nevada same blue colour as our one on the road between Achnasheen and Kinlochleven on Sunday 18th June. All of them were either Mk2 or 2.5 models. They were about a mile ahead of a group of vintage Triumph sports cars and just behind a whole heap of Lotus Ellises.
The Lotus' turned left at the Achnasheen roundabout and headed on the 'fast' road towards Garve, the Triumphs and the 5's turned right and headed towards Lochcarron. We came across the same group later in the day just west of Eilean Donan castle, they had been to Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh (probably Skye as well). We had taken the Torriden road and then round the coast to Applecross. Then back around Lochcarron and then across to Plockton. Then the long road home along Loch Ness.
Might not have been your group.
When someone gives you a pat on the back make damned sure they did not have a knife in their hand.
BillB

Postby mx5alan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:47 am

BillB wrote:Might not have been your group.

no, not our group - we didn't go to Eilean Donan, Skye and Applecross until the Thursday
Ullapool and Lochinver on Friday
I was at Griunard Bay on Saturday flying my kite, while the others headed over to Culloden and Cawdor Castle
Earlier in the week:
Monday was rest day so only local to get supplies and check out the general area - Gairloch etc...
Tuesday we were at Glen Ord
Wednesday was heavy rain and Gale force winds. The 15sq. mile loch we were staying by level raised about 3ft. with all the water running into it.

Sunday 18th we were on A82 from Loch Lomond to Inverness then across to A832
mx5alan

Postby mx5alan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:47 am

mx5alan

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:11 am

absolutely terrific photos, I am so pleased you took the time to head over to Assynt (just a short drive from where we live).
BillB

Postby mossy-mx5 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:22 am

great photos , thanks for sharing them :)
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

Return to Spotted!