loch ness

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

loch ness

Postby mossy-mx5 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:55 pm

think i got a big wave today from martin 1962 on the banks of loch ness , car was looking good and roof down during the snow showers :D
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

you spotted me!

Postby martin1962 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi Mossy.
Yes it was me taking the car out for aq run. Had been waiting allday for the snow to stop and the sun to come out!
Fitted a pipercross Induction kit so needed to give it a blast...what a great sound!!! between 5-6 th revs it just growls!! have to always drive with the roof down now so i can hear it.
New exhaust next although need to listen to a few other peoples cars to get an idea.
MK1 1.8i 1997 black
martin1962

Postby mossy-mx5 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:56 pm

where did you get it , how much and was it easy to fit . also i think last time i was in contact with you , you were mentioning your oil switch how did you resolve that :?:
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

lochness

Postby martin1962 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi mossy

I got it from the pipercross shop http://www.pipercross.net/index.asp
Took about an hour to fit. taking off some of the old bolts on the stock air filter was the hardest part. It comes with a nice looking heat shield. I also have put in a length of ducting to flow cold air into the filter. Once I fit a front grill i will fit in a aluminium scoop. It really makes a difference to throttle responce over 4K and sounds great. Have a look on my msn site as there are a couple of pics of it.
I have not got round to changing the oil pressure switch yet as I'm sure that is the problem as I think my engine would of given up by now if it was anything serious! (touch wood).
Give me a shout if you are about again as I stay in Drumnadrochit and can stop & say hi.
MK1 1.8i 1997 black
martin1962

Return to Spotted!