Lovely day for a topless drive!!!

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

Lovely day for a topless drive!!!

Postby joonspoon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:24 pm

Out for a drive today with my brother - top down of course! Down to Largs then thru Gourock/Greenock and over the back roads thru Kilmacolm/BOW.
Spotted 2 Mk1's, red one @ Kilmacolm "P" plate - got a wave! :D
Black one on Ferguslie Road Paisley got a wave and flash of lights! :D
Oh what a lovely day I had just driving about!!!
Did spot some other 5's but for feck sake they had their tops up!!!
Whats that all about? :shock:
So many twisties.........So little time!!!
joonspoon

Postby kristoff » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:37 pm

I know what you mean, June!

I saw three red Mk1's whilst out for a walk round the Ferry and not one of them had their top down and on such a lovely day too! :roll:

I was green with envy as my car has been on SORN since Christmas but this week I'm back in business, quick spring clean then out and about. :twisted:

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby joonspoon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:50 pm

Hi Chirs!
Glad to hear you'll be back up and running this week! :D
My car was in the garage for 3 days last week, got my clutch replaced as it had the dreaded "clutch judder" and it was doing my head in!! :x
Got full service too and new brake pads - got it back on Thursday last week and oh my god...... it's like a different car! Absolutely fab! :D
I might be ?600 lighter in my pocket but my god it was worth every penny!
I can take off in 1st gear & reverse park and everything now safe in the knowledge that it wont judder like a flippin maniac! :roll:

June
joonspoon

Postby DouglasH » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:20 am

Linda & I were in Largs today too, went to see Phil's new Mk-3 8) 8) and buy some bits from him. Saw a red mk2/2.5 parked in the newish restaurant between Beith and Dalry and quite a few other fives, waved to them all, but not too **sed about whether they waved back or had their hoods up or down. Drove across the Dalry Moor road to Fairlie, had to stop at one point as the car was filling up with hail stones, pulled the hood up and stopped for five minutes until it went off, that road is too nice to be driving with the hood up. Lunch at the 'Mudhook' in Fairlie. Left Largs about 6pm, had the tail end out when climbing the 'Haylie Brae' at the first corner, thought it was ice at first then realised it was the amount of ground in road salt...great fun :lol:
DouglasH

Postby joonspoon » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:52 am

It sounds like you had a good day out Douglas!!!
Mine seems a bit dull and boring by comparison! :shock:
It was the first time my brother had been in the 5 with the roof down - he was well impressed....... with the heater!!! (yeh I know typical brother!).
Had a good wee day out and the car is so much better to drive now that the clutch has been replaced! :D

June
joonspoon

Postby mossy-mx5 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:41 pm

thanks for the wave june , i was the black mk1 passed you leaving paisley heading to bow. only time i get a wave is when i,m out and about renfrewshire , do you get a happier type of 5 driver out that way , scott
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

Friendly bunch?

Postby joonspoon » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi Scott!

Well I certainly think of myself as friendly but I cant comment on the rest of Renfrewshire!!! :shock: and I do like when I get a wave! :D
The guy who did a lot of work on my car last week has a black Mk1 and its a "R" plate too!
Do you work at the Phoenix, Linwood coz there's a black Mk1 "R" plate thats parked near the Peugeot dealership everytime I pass by?

June
joonspoon

Postby mossy-mx5 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 am

No its not mine , unfortunetly i drive a van during the day, but try to get out in the 5 as much as possible, i,ll keep an eye out for you any time i,m out that way , scott :D
GOT MY TWO SEATER TO GET PEACE FROM WIFE AND KIDS !

mossy-mx5

Postby rocky » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:04 pm

I've also seen that one June, I even left a club info card under the wiper one day, but he/she seems to be a bit of a recluse.....

Or maybe he/she doesn't want to admit to working at the Peugeot dealers?

On this topic does anyone know who owns the bright pink MX5 often seen in and around Kilmacolm and Bridge of Weir? Its certainly eye catching, but I've never managed to catch sight of the driver yet.

Any takers?
life is better topless!
rocky

Postby graeme » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 pm

rocky wrote:Its certainly eye catching, but I've never managed to catch sight of the driver yet.

Try wearing welding goggles and see if that helps :lol: :lol: :lol:
graeme

Postby Stevie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:14 pm

Hi June. :D

I have seen a woman with a asda uniform getting in to a black mk1. That parks at side of asda petrol station. Sits there most days at same spot.

Also out and about at the weekend. But ain't taking my hard top off until end of the month. :wink:

To much crap on the road's. :x

Stevie.....
Stevie

The Asda One & The Pink One

Postby joonspoon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:51 pm

That's the one Stevie! It's parked there all the time but I have yet to see anyone get in or out of it!!! :?
You're quite right keeping your hard top on just now, the roads are a flippin disgrace! My car was gleaming on Monday and it's manky again!!
Oh that pink MX-5 around BOW and Kilmacolm, I seen that advertised in Auto trader ages ago when I was thinking about buying one, I was tempted coz of it's "original" colour but glad now that I didn't!!! :shock:
I would have felt a bit of a prat driving about in it!
My brother has also seen it and seen it's owner - a bit of a Barbie he said, seemingly her outfit matched her car - need I say more?!
That's if its the same car!! (surely there can't be 2 of them!!!) :shock:
joonspoon

Postby DouglasH » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:46 pm

June... I think there must be about half a dozen of them up and down the country, as anyone that frequents the National Forum will vouch for. About five years ago Arnold Clark in Paisley were selling one too.
DouglasH

Return to Spotted!