Glenshee after the Rally

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

Glenshee after the Rally

Postby J80PPS » Tue May 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Not sure who it was, but they were in a Grey MX-5 with what appeared to be ZZZ on the plates.

Unfortunately for them they were stuck behind me (White 3.5 - "J800 PPS") in the same queue of cars that seemed to just trundle over Glenshee.

Got to say it had to be a member on here. Polite driving by keeping safe distance behind and even got waves when they got close enough.
My passenger didn’t wave to you though as she somehow slept from Pitlochry to Braemar, must have been the heat!

Also saw another few MX-5’s going in the opposite direction and plenty of waves. Great way to end a fantastic day out at the Rally, I'm so glad I took the long way home.
Peter P Smith (J80 PPS / J800 PPS)

You can sleep in your car, but you canny race your hoos!
J80PPS
OC Member
Peter P Smith
MX-5 OC Club Member

Re: Glenshee after the Rally

Postby liathach » Tue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

That would have been IanH. I also returned via Glenshee but I managed to overtake the slower traffic at the start of the long hill on the south side. I then used the B9119, rather than the A93, from Cambus o' May. A grand run home!
Liathach
liathach
OC Member
Malcolm Lamont

Re: Glenshee after the Rally

Postby IanH » Tue May 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Yes it was me, enjoyed following you down the Glen, as you say usual bunch of pedestrians but more fun in finding good places to pass :D

Maybe catch up with you at a Club event soon though given my schedule over the next few weeks it could be July before I make it to one though holding out hopes for a chip run on June 4th 8)
IanH
OC Member
Ian Hindmarsh
Site Admin

Location: not the end of the world, but you can see it from here or near Inverurie.

Return to Spotted!