1-Bridge of Don/1-At fire station Aberdeen

Seen any nice 5s out on your travels? Tell us about them here....

1-Bridge of Don/1-At fire station Aberdeen

Postby mike9jr » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:48 pm

Followed a nice P reg 5 up to Asda, Bridge of Don, Friday 9th, possibly a Merlot but not sure.

Spotted a MK3, looked like one of the owners club limited editions parked in the North Anderson Drive fire station car park. One of my mates works there so I'm in and around from time to time so might have a look.
Anyone in the club?

Cheers
Mike
mike9jr
OC Member

Postby clk » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:02 pm

Yes its mine. I work at the headquarters. It's an LE - 6 weeks old yesterday. First in Aberdeen. Still running in but going like stink. Had a Mk 1 Monza and a 2.5 Phoenix before.
clk

Postby PaulDS » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:07 pm

clk wrote:Yes its mine. I work at the headquarters. It's an LE - 6 weeks old yesterday. First in Aberdeen. Still running in but going like stink. Had a Mk 1 Monza and a 2.5 Phoenix before.

Can you give us a photo and your impressions of the car.

Paul
Findochty
PaulDS

Postby mike9jr » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:32 am

Hi. I've got a couple of Firemen mates, we go out rock climbing together and I sometimes park, with their permission, my BRG v-spec in the car park round the other side :wink: . I did notice your black 5 on previous occasions, looked great. How does the new one compare??
Thanks for replying!!

Mike
mike9jr
OC Member

Postby The Pram » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:54 pm

clk - you said running in car still. I got mine in August but have only done 1300 miles. what do you need to do to run in and when do you stop?

Have mentioned your car here before when I saw it up in the car park. I also spotted a nice grey mark3 in the car park of the Meridian Point flats on King St.

My car is all happed up for winter now - shame :cry: :cry:

Lorraine
Once the Sheriff, always the Sheriff.

Boorachie of Teuchters.
(reccying is for losers, mind yer smalls)

Supporting member of PHD motor tractors association.

2005 1.8 Arctic edition
2013 2.0 Sport Graphite No177
2015 1.6 Sport Nav
The Pram

Postby clk » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:31 am

Mr CLK here. Probably going to take things easy for the first 1500 miles and contemplating an oil change then.

As to impressions, its great. I got my hands on it for the first time in 4 weeks last weekend and its really opening up. Goes like stink and very very solid.

Unlike some it seems (!), this one earns its keep so its been out in last month's ice and snow and its off again today. Mrs CLK is far more confident with it in these conditions. Also she reckons the lights are much improved from her previous 2.5.

Might be persuaded to put a pic up but only after we clean the mud off.
clk

Return to Spotted!