Glamis Transport Extravaganza.

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Glamis Transport Extravaganza.

Postby Malc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Saturday 10 July Click here.
Malc

Re: Glamis Transport Extravaganza.

Postby Malc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:01 pm

A link to location of McDonald's Forfar - Click here.
Malc

Postby Malc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Image Keep an eye on the "Events" page this may be re-scheduled for Sunday.
Malc

Postby Ossian » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

I don't do much these days with a baby in the house however I had been planning on going to this it'll be in the Audi though as Fiona and baby Angus will be with me and the law frowns on the use of the boot for transporting passengers these days. It never did me any harm when I was young :lol:

Do we have a stand or anything? We'll probably go on Sunday as that looks the most interesting.
Ossian
OC Member
Russ Craig

Postby drumtochty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:30 pm

The gates open at 9:00am tommorrow Sunday. Metcheck is saying sunshire until 10:00 am and some rain from 10:00am to 1:00 pm. If anyone is going, I would suggest from around 9:30 tommorrow.

If I was in the display area today with a car, I would have left by now and would not go tommorrow so how many of the exhibitors will still be there!

I may go down early tommorrow for a quick look around and be away as soon as the rain sets in.

eddie
99 Mk2 1.8 IS Silver
08 Mk3 2.0 RC Sport Copper Red
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby drumtochty » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:16 pm

We left today for Glamis and arrived at Forfar around 10:00am turned on to the A94 to Glamis, bright sunshine and the top down. Got to within a mile of Glamis and the traffic was backed up as cars turned right across the A94 into Glamis.

Finally got off the A94 and on to the entry road into the castle grounds all was well, until we had to turn off the tar road to the left into the field where the Extravaganza attendees had to pay then park.

It was a quagmire and even 4 x 4s were skidding. The MX was doing OK but the steering wheel was not directing the car through the mud and you could hear the mud rubbing against the exhaust and the underside of the car.

Luckily where we parked we were back on firm grass but there were lots of rattles coming from underneath. The tyres had around 40 mm of mud on them but that just fell off later.

We went round the show that was well attended considering the weather forecast and the usual auto jumble stall where I bought lots of bits that I did not realise I could not live without and the stall holders were helpful and friendly.

Got to noon and we thought, time to go as it is getting busier and when it rains hard again it will be impossible to get the MX out of the field. Got back to the MX and drove into a soft bit in the field and we were stuck but a tractor was there and towed us out via the hold down eyes that you should not tow on but what else can you do and it caused no apparent damage as the tractor driver took it very easy.

We then went for a run through the Angus Glens and had a nice lunch at Glen Isla.

eddie
drumtochty
OC Member
Eddie Cairns
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland