Lindisfarne

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Lindisfarne

Postby lowflyer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:34 pm

Coming home from the run we got caught in the rain

you can just about see the 5 in front and yes the hood is down

lowflyer

Postby Mak » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:47 pm

Can only be Gavin :x :roll:
Mak
OC Member

Postby Fee » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:04 pm

Oops! Was it a good day? Who won the Rounders?

Fee
Mk3 2 litre Sport Brilliant Black
Mk 2.5 Crystal Blue - Gone But Not Forgotten
OC 12837
Fee

Postby DouglasH » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:17 pm

No not Gavin, guess who!!
DouglasH

Postby PaulDS » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:35 pm

Brilliant shots!
Been there, done that, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Great seeing everyones reactions, they thinking I'm nuts and getting soaked but in reality the rain going right over the top as long as you do over 50mph, quite exilerating eh!.
Good on you guys.
Fly the flag high and prowd!
Paul
Findochty.
PaulDS

Postby graeme » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:52 pm

I hope you're going to send them into STHT!
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:18 pm

Reality was... that Stevie (no radio) was in front as we headed back west, although Heather and Linda were in radio contact it was really too dangerous to stop and put the hoods up because of the low visibility in rejoining the motorway, John and I wanted to pull off at one of the junctions but the ladies thought that would be too boring :lol: :lol: so we just carried on at their request. The rain did go off eventually when we reached Glasgow.
DouglasH

Postby graeme » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:20 pm

I think we need agreed rules for next year. Too often the rules are agreed on the day and one innings differs from the next as people get used to the rules (and how to bend them). How about we get a set of rules in advance of next year and send them to TT to agree/alter? Here's my stab at this:
1: the ball should be pitched underarm to arrive at the batter between neck and knee height.
2: any contact betwen bat and ball is deemed a hit and the batter must run.
3: If, after 3 pitches, the batter has not made contact with the ball, he/she must run anyway.
4: Batters/runners must run outside of the bases. Running inside the base is deemed to be out.
5: If a fielder catches the ball without it touching the ground after being hit, the batter and all runners currently on bases are out. Those waiting in line to bat are not out.
6: If the ball is hit into the rough behind the batter, the batter is out.
7: Once a batter/runner starts running, they cannot go back. This includes those attempting to steal bases. If a runner cannot physically touch a base while keeping one foot planted, they are deemed to have begun running and can be stumped.
8: Anyone who completes a run without stopping from the moment he hits the ball (ie a home run) scores a bonus 5 runs.
graeme

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:11 pm

More pictures from Jim & Jenny (Tyne Tees) can be viewed here:-
http://www.vandorgan.fotopic.net/c575452_1.html
DouglasH

Postby lowflyer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:48 am

Any word of how Peter from Tynetees got on at hospital?
lowflyer

Postby sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:43 am

I agree with Graeme about the rules. An additional one I would recommend (especially for the benefit of TT) is that if you are out you are OUT! It appeared that they took the view that you had to be out at least twice before they left the batting line. Taking that to its logical conclusion they only scored half their runs and therefore we won!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional
sandy
OC Member
Sandy Pettigrew

Postby Azz Kiker » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:12 pm

I know. they seemed to double their team at the click of their fingers!

More and more batters seemed to appear from no where... mind we did sneak a few extra feilders in 8)

Little Jenny well... who had the heart to put out a little girl...

i just never got a chance to catch any of her hits :lol:
Purple Pocket Rocket... sounds rude. The car i meant :wink:
Azz Kiker

Postby jane & allan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:00 pm

For one horrible moment, i thought the picture might be us! We were also caught in the rain, on the M876, just about four miles from home. :oops: We decided that it was definately better to continue driving and are now truely converted to driving topless in the rain :shock:
jane & allan

Postby Jenny Dorgan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:59 am

Hi folks,
One of the opposition here, Little Jenny was our secret weapon this year, you have Roxy with her low cut tops to distract our male players eyes off the ball, we have Jenny: now what mean spirited person could possibly tell a little girl she can't run? Tee Hee

Not knowing the rules of the game, (are there any ? ) I can't comment on the cheating aspect of the game, except to say if there was any cheating going on it was all in the best possible taste.

Now if Gavin had been wearing his kilt there might have been a different result, our Jenn H (The other Jen, not me) is partial to Gavin in his kilt so she may have been distracted, we'd have had to tie her hands to her sides to stop them straying. :oops:

Jim rang Peter on Sunday evening but didn't get a reply, he left a message on the answering machine & rang again on Monday, still no reply, Peter rang us on Monday evening...but we were out. Our daughter took the call. So we still don't know how he is but as soon as I find out I'll let you know.

Looking forward to the return Grudge Match next year.
Jenny D.
Jenny Dorgan
OC Member

Return to Central Scotland