Knockhill Calling Card

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Knockhill calling card

Postby Gavin-G » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:57 pm

:D Hi 2 all,
I was at knockhill today and drove in with 3 other mx5's in front of me,I parked along side of them left the car ,came back a few minutes later and what was on the windscreen!!!!!!!,an mx5's owners club calling card. I thought my luck was in, and it was the Real radio fugitive.No such luck ,so I been browsing through your site,interesting.I have a mk1 1997 BRG Monza ( and I do wave,sometimes) Im not one for clubs, but this site looks quite good (I will think about it). Printed off the application form. :?:
Gavin-G

Postby lowflyer » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 pm

Sorry Gavin

I was in the splash green Mk2.5 next to you but you were off before I got a chance to talk to you - don't know who left the calling card but it obviously worked

atb
john
lowflyer

Postby kristoff » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:12 pm

...and I was one of the three in the dark blue Mk1 R-Limited!

Don't be too concerned as you don't HAVE to join the Owners Club to come on the runs and the pub meets and browse this and the main forum but there are certain benefits from doing so.

Anyway, welcome to this forum, Gavin...

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby DouglasH » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:17 am

Don't be too concerned as you don't HAVE to join the Owners Club to come on the runs and the pub meets and browse this and the main forum but there are certain benefits from doing so.

And I was the third car, although you ran off just as I was about to say hello.

Chris is right to a certain extent in what he said, but just to clarify this and save any confusion:- We like to give new members a while to make up their mind if the Club is for them or not, this could be up to quite a few months, or a number of events. In reality, as has happened most recently, new members have been so keen and attracted to the benefits of the Club, that they joined after attending only one or two events. Its also worth mentioning that some of this years events and the discounts or special prices we negotiated were based on a Club Members package and an understanding that we were all Club Members and of course would conduct ourselves in a trusted manner.
Mino and I as Co-ordinators would be failing in our duties if we were not to promote the benefits of Club Membership, besides I don't believe it would be fair to our paid up members, if non members were to continually enjoy the same benefits without contributing to the overall running of the Club.
DouglasH

Postby kristoff » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:13 pm

Absolutely spot on Douglas! :)

What I really should have underlined is the fact that the club and it's members aren't pushy and as Douglas pointed out you are left to make your own mind up without any badgering. This is one of the deciding factors which made my mind up to join the Owners Club.

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby Gavin » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:21 pm

Gavin, Graeme and I were sticking calling cards under the wipers on any 5 without the Owners Club badge. Guess what, I carded Cris's 5 because I was used to seeing his white one and not the blue one :lol: Do come along on some of our runs, it's amazing what tips and useful info you can pick up about your car.
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Gavin-G » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:59 pm

sounds good may come along to your track day ,may give you some tips on how to make your car go faster on the day ,my last job (that I quit a month ago to start my own business)was a mechanic at the police college,and one of my hobbies is gokart racing (retired getting to old !!!!),thanx guys sounds like a well organized club
ps I know what track days do to your cars, not advisable!!!!
Gavin-G

Postby Hardtrack » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:08 pm

You must have missed my car with ur calling card Gavin :lol:,although i did arrive very late.There is nothing on my car to say it's a Mazda and i don't have an mx5 club sticker anywhere 8).............it's actually a bit of an insult to a Roadster owner when the name mx5 is mentioned regarding his/her car :lol:,sounds daft,but when you actually own a Eunos Roadster you don't want it to be called an mx5.You might have read some posts on the main forum about this :wink: .I was going to walk round to see you at Knockhill as Douglas pointed to where you were,but seeing the distance and as i was barefoot and sandals on........i decided againts the trike :lol:,see you next time i'm around :)
95 G-Ltd 1.8
Hardtrack

Return to Central Scotland