Grouse

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Postby CharlesK » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:35 pm

Echo the above and hope each day brings better news

chic and heather
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Some excellent news from Pauline about Gordon...

This week his progress has been amazing - physically he is making great strides. His speech is still badly affected and he gets very frustrated at not being able to commnicate but I do see an improvement. His sight has been badly affected in as much as he has blind spots, this seemingly will be the determining factor as to whether he will be able to drive again.

I spoke to his Consultant on Tuesday and he is very pleased with Gordons progress and said he rarely sees the motivation that Gordon is showing - I,m really proud of him.
DouglasH

Postby graeme » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Excellent news. Keep it up Gordon.
graeme

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:45 pm

I'll echo those sentiments. Hopefully Gordon's progress will be good enough to maybe let Pauline drive Gordon for a change. :wink: :wink:
Gavin
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Miataman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:29 pm

Get well soon Gordon!!!
'94 Laguna Blue 1.8iS
Might even go on ANOTHER club run!!!
+++++Warning! The use of the word pliers in posts may offend+++++
Miataman

Postby DouglasH » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:23 pm

Gordon...just to let you know will be thinking about you this weekend, we know how much you were looking forward to the Holland trip, rest assured the only whisky we will be drinking this weekend will be your forum name 'GROUSE'
Keep up the good work, hope to see you and Pauline soon.
Cheers.
DouglasH

Postby DouglasH » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:50 pm

Had some news on Gordon's progress-
Although Gordon is still in hospital he does get to spend the weekend at home with the family, Pauline tells us he is making good progress and although his speech is difficult to understand, they are able to communicate. Pauline said she was cutting the grass at the weekend and Gordon went into the garage and started up the Phoenix, definitely the sign of a man missing his Mx-5 :D

Pauline sends her thanks for the flowers the Club sent her at Easter and hopes to see us all soon.
DouglasH

Postby Si » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 am

I simply cannot begin to understand how it must feel to be in a situation like that where I can start up the car, but not be able to drive it.

Here's to a full recovery Grouse!!

Si
.:- 1997 1.8iS Mk1 (BRP MP62 Supercharged) [SOLD]
.:- 2000 1.6i Mk2 Isola [SOLD]
Si

Postby PaulDS » Tue May 24, 2005 1:46 pm

Anyone,
Any update on Gordon's progress?
Paul
Findochty.
PaulDS

update on grouse

Postby grouse » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:30 am

hi

just to give you an update on Gordon.

he is still in hospital but is coming home at weekends, physically he is coming along in leaps and bounds but he still has considerable problems with his speech and langague although i think there has been a definite improvement in the last week or two.

as usual he is very upbeat about everything and has dealt with everything in a very positive way - the mx5 goes up and down the drive several times every weekend and you'll be pleased to know it as shiny as ever - however next week it's going in for it's service and I'LL be driving it :shock: - this could set Gordon back considerably :lol: .

We have both missed our trips out with the club and indeed the company of all the members but hopefully it will not be to long before we can take part again.

i am organising a surprise birthday party for Gordon on Saturday 13th August at Mains Castle in Dundee from 7 o'clock onwards to which anyone who can make it would be more than welcome (if you could just let me know in advance for catering).

Thank you for all the cards and messages we have recieved they have been really appreciated - we can both see light at the end of the tunnel now and are feeling very positive about the future
Grouse

Another fine example of
"low-flying technology!"
grouse

langague

Postby grouse » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:04 pm

oops - could be we both have a bit of a "LANGUAGE" problem :oops:
Grouse

Another fine example of
"low-flying technology!"
grouse

Postby kristoff » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:23 pm

That's excellent news!

That little 'phoenix avatar' has been sorely missed on the forum as has the old boy's dry sense of humour. :lol:

Chris
Gerr on t'internet.
kristoff

Postby DouglasH » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Thanks for posting Pauline, that's positive news. Please pass on our best wishes to Gordon.
DouglasH

Previous

Return to Central Scotland