New Run Procedures.

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

New Run Procedures.

Postby DouglasH » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:48 pm

As discussed at the Planning Meeting:- due to the high numbers we are getting attending our events and to keep within the law, we will from now on try to make the car convoys on runs more manageable by splitting the group into two or more where neccessary. Starting with the forthcoming 'Carron Valley and Trossachs Trundle' Run which Gavin and I both recce'd and will lead seperately. Each of the two groups will be asked to display a coloured number on the inside windscreen of the car, ie red group 1-10 and blue group 1-10. From now on there should always be two run organisers who will lead, appoint a tail ender and give out the car numbers in such a way that a single driver should never again be behind another single driver, which on complex routes, understandably can lead to cars going astray when other traffic or traffic lights split the convoy.
We realise this might sound over the top to some but to save other road users complaining, not to mention a ticking off or worse from the Police, we feel we must take the neccessary steps now to promote a safer environment for our members and other road users.
We trust and hope to have your co-operation in helping to make Central Scotland the safest and most enjoyable Area in the Country.

Thank you,

Douglas & Gavin.
DouglasH

Cruise to St. Andrews via Corus Hotel, Queensferry

Postby andrew.mx5 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi everyone, this will be my first run with the Owners' Club since I joined last week! I'm coming from the Houston, Renfrewshire area (near Paisley) and if anyone is coming from this way please email me on "andrew@abci.co.uk" and let me know and we can all go over together. Another option I was considering was driving over on the Saturday and staying a night at the meet hotel (Corus) which I found out to be around ?50 this way it would mean sucessfully avoiding the morning rush hour. I also might get a few small rear-window banners made up to make it easy to identify the members on this run, if anyone thinks this is a good idea then let me know! So if anyone is coming on this cruise from my are then please let me know!

andrew.mx5

Postby Richardn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:47 pm

you won't see it when the hood is down :D
Mk3 2.0 sport & Mk1 California 217/300
Richardn
MX-5 OC Club Member

True true

Postby andrew.mx5 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Aaah... Good point! But the way it's looking on the weather sites it unfortunately might not be nice enough to get the tops off haha! I'm even contemplating putting the old hard top back on for it!

andrew.mx5

Return to Central Scotland