Planning Meeting 15th January 2006

Discussion about events organised by the Central Scotland region.
[Please do not cross-post]

Planning Meeting 15th January 2006

Postby DouglasH » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:08 pm

Once again we are looking for your input into the Planning Meeting, either if your coming along or by PM if you can't make it.

After watching the Cannonball Run on the telly the other day, I was waiting on some comment from a cetain person, :lol: would hate to be hounded :wink: by the German police as much as these guys did, on their run.

For a reminder of what was suggested last year, see... http://www.mx5scotland.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336

In 2005 we had 42 events in total:-
26 Runs and events.
16 Pub Meets.

If you had a favourite Run or event you would like to see repeated, why not tell us about it.

Looking for suggestions regarding the Easter W/E (14th-17th April)

Are you interested in a European Trip!!

Now that some of the New Dealers are showing an interest in the Club, how could we get more involved with them!!

And there's more............

Hope this whet's your appetite.
DouglasH

Trip

Postby rockdoc » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:22 am

Yep i stayed up to watch the cannonball run- certainly wets the appetite for a european run :P
PROJECT DR EVIL- OLD MODEL-NEW PARTS
Trackdog school of driving attendee! deer attack survivee
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php? ... =tis+begun
rockdoc

Re: Planning Meeting 15th January 2006

Postby don.b » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:40 am

DouglasH wrote:

After watching the Cannonball Run on the telly the other day, I was waiting on some comment from a cetain person, :lol: would hate to be hounded :wink: by the German police as much as these guys did, on their run.

Are you interested in a European Trip!!

You'll never guess what................Mr Gumball 3000 (me) stayed up to watch it, fell asleep and missed the bl**dy programme.

What about a european trip to the Nurburgring in Germany?
Have a look on here.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/

Don.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Postby DouglasH » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:03 am

Interestingly the Gumball entrants drove round Nurburgring and enjoyed the experience, all looked ok with the usual kamikaze motorbikes, (sorry Stevie but as an ex biker myself, they were mental) quite a few family hatchbacks, then I couldn't believe my eyesl...A TOUR BUS FULL OF TOURISTS appeared, to be fair the driver wasn't taking the racing line round :lol: then carnage, the rain came on and bikes went down, cars did some serious damage and the tourists on the coach got some good pictures before being flagged off. Those Marshalls really earned their money. That is one crazy circuit.
DouglasH

Postby CharlesK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:04 am

Don ----- would a journey to Germany not involve a ferry crossing ? :twisted: or are you going to fly over and let Liz bring the new car. Nurburgring ????? not sure but Germany would be good
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby Ronnie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:29 am

Hi guys. This thread about the Nurburgring fascinates me. I have had a wee dream about driving this ever since it featured on Top Gear when Jeremy went round it in a Jaguar then a very tasty german woman driver went round it in a Trannie van overtaking 911's and stuff. Dont know whether it was the circuit or her that fascinated me but I would love to go.

Ronnie :D :D
2010 Mk3.5 20 AE
Pearlescent White Mica
"Beryl the Pearl"
OC 14725 (lapsed)
Ronnie

Postby graeme » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:55 am

Mino's been with the club. I don't think he's on here much, but I'm sure he could give some details of the trip he did.
graeme

Postby don.b » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:27 pm

DouglasH wrote: ....A TOUR BUS FULL OF TOURISTS appeared, to be fair the driver wasn't taking the racing line round :lol:

Apparently its the Tour Buses you've got to watch out for, as they are usually pottering around (a bit like a recent trip to Skye :lol: ). By the way Douglas, what else are tour buses full of, other than tourists :roll:

Chic, "LIZ COULD BRING THE NEW CAR" do you know something I don't ?
You know me too well ! There is no way I would be going to Germany on a ferry, it would be the Channel Tunnel or nothing, we could meet up with you in Germany. You could wear your lederhosen :lol:

Don.
"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

email: mx-5@blueyonder.co.uk
don.b

Planning Meeting

Postby Stevie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:09 pm

I am up for another trip to Europe !
Also a play on the ring :lol: :lol:
Stevie

Postby CharlesK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:19 pm

If a Europe trip is for discussion it might be worth giving Germany a wide berth from 9th June - 9th July as the world cup is on and Don those tour buses might be full of Hoolig.......sorry supporters rather than tourists.

Might need to polish the lederhosen as they have not been on for a while
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Postby DouglasH » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 am

Hoooraaaaay...Stevie's made it to the forum :lol: welcome.

Mr pedantic, oops I mean Don...if I had not stated that there were passengers on the bus you may have thought the driver was seeing how his machine handled on the track.
Look forward to seeing your new car :wink:
DouglasH

Postby CharlesK » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:13 am

While thanks were offered to Mino at that planning meeting - thought it might be appropriate to post a thanks for his efforts as co-ordinator last year.

Also to congratulate Gavin on taking over the roll and wish him well in that position
CharlesK
OC Member
MX-5 OC Club Member

Return to Central Scotland